Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lunar Eclipse


This is basically what we saw last night. I didn't take these pictures...night photography is tricky for me. We headed up to our church's parking lot to get a closer , unobstructed view. It was kinda cloudy and thought it was behind clouds...We couldnt even find the moon! We decided to go ahead and leave and I turned around to see if I could see anything and I noticed a faint, orangy image just cresting over the mountain! (I think one of the parking lot lights was in our way before) So we got out Lil' Chad's telescope and set it up. By the time we noticed it, it was in it's totallity and moving out of its eclipse. Still, it was so cool to see and experience with the little fam. and Chad especially! By the time we got home and settled we looked again and Nicholas said it looks like someone took a bite out of a moon cookie! Well, maybe I'll have my own picture next time when it happens again in August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool! I didn't even know we had an lunar eclipse the other night. Too cool. We'll have to watch for it in August too. Hattie would love that.