Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today is my "CANCER-versary"

It's one of those dates you never forget as a cancer survivor, the day of your diagnosis. That day is forever locked in my brain. Seeing those tears welled up in my husband's and my mother's eyes as they told me that my tumor was cancer. I sit here thinking and shaking my head of this past year.A year full of fear, scans,Dr. appts., Radiation and chemo treatments, colonoscopies,surgeries, "uncomfortable" exams, blood tests, more Chemo,financial issues, and a PET scan to tell me I was cancer free. Whew! What a year! Some people may look at me and say wow you are so inspiring,and so strong! Yet I want those people to know,it wasn't ALL me. I give all my "triumph" to the glory of God. He gave that strength "inside" of me ,because he is "inside" of me." You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength!" So I'd like to share a slide show of pics through my year's journey:


4 comments:

Jenny said...

I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family have been through, but just wanted to send out a hug to you and so happy to read that you are cancerFREE!! Stay strong!!

Hugs,
Jenny in Maine
MY BLog: www.ThisEveryDayLife.com

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! So happy for you girl!

And congrats on 10 years of marriage!!!

Tim said...

Kendra,
Even though, I am still continuing down the road of Chemotherapy Treatments, I am looking forward to the day that I am declared Cancer Free.
I agree with you that the day of the initial diagnosis will always be one that is remembered for rest of our lives, it is one anniversary that is not celebrated openly, but privately inside. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary for my Rectal Surgery on December 4th and I really don't look forward to it; instead I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday on December 7th with friends and family instead.
Cheers!
Tim

Anonymous said...

Kendra,
I know your sister...I work the same job as she does, but in another school division. She's mentioned you frequently, and I just happened upon this page through facebook. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! Your story is truly inspiriting. Thank you for sharing it so openly.