Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2 years ago...


So it was this month, two years ago I was told I had colon cancer. I was in the midst of cancer chaos. Dr. appts here and there, out patient surgery for a port so I could start chemo, radiation started immediately, Cat scans, PET scans, Chemo before Thanksgiving, out of town family at our house...it felt like a slow motion tornado, if that make any sense at all?...Like in the movies, they show someone walking in slow-mo and everthing around them is moving FAST and tornadic! I've come a long way baby! Cancer free with in a years time, and staying that way. As I look back , and in this month of giving thanksgiving, I do give thanks to ALL who helped along this journey and still continue to encourage me as I make new paths. I don't think I would have really gotten much accomplished in arts(before cancer), but as I got better my husband encouraged me to push myself, use my talents and share them with the world. I've been fortunate to be in numerous shows since Feb. of 09 and hope to continue my artistic endeavours. I hope continue my creative photography and use it in a mixed media, enter the oncology on canvas 2010, and once again apply for the 2011 Colondar!
Blessed to be alive!

No comments: