Monday, March 01, 2010

" Do you think of it everyday?"


On the eve of Colon Cancer Awareness month, my husband asked," Do you think of cancer everyday?" my reply was "yes" . So people may think that once treatment is over it's all done with. Think again. Not so much right when I wake up, but when it's time to take my vitamins and supplements that can have an anti'cancer effect, when I hear the blender going and making a green smoothie filled with phypto-nutrients, filling up my glass with alkline water to boost my PH in my body, exercising(knowing that it dereases by chances of a reoccurance, as an artist I'm always thinking of ways to bring awareness of cancer through my photography or art, reminders on the Colondar that I a colonoscopy scheduled, or an up-coming PET scan, and when you hear of people in the world getting dx with cancer and even worse, your dearest closest family members. The list could go on for me and what triggers a thought of cancer. I hope is that one day on this earth that we wouldn't have to worry about getting a disease, but for me it has made me stronger, and more aware of what I eat and avoiding all the "bad" stuff I can to keep healthy!

No comments: