Friday, February 23, 2007

Studio Friday: Quoted!

This week's topic for Friday February 23rd suggested by Robyn: QUOTED!
"Quotes are so inspiring. They give us comfort in rough times or the push we need to overcome our obstacles or fears. They enlighten us and give clarity and "A-ha's". Some we keep around for a life time and let them guide us, others we forget about. We work with them maybe or pass them on to others."~ Robyn
What is your favourite quote or quotes? How do they inspire you as an artist? Have they guided you on your way? Where in your studio do you keep them/ Maybe you have a journal that is specifically for you quotes and that you write them in so you don't forget and can easily look at them again? Where in your studio do you display your favourite quote?
I have few favorite quotes that inspire me. I may not have a picture or photograph to go with these but these have kept me going in my persuit of my passion for photogaphy...


"The minute you begin to do what you really want to do, it's really a different kind of life."-Buckminster Fuller

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it. -William Arthur Ward

Photograph your memories and you will live life twice-Alice Paul

Find ART in the everyday.-Banana Republic Campaign

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single talent left, and used everything you gave me."-Erma Bomback
I keep these in my "Artsy" book/journal but I need post them in my studio where I can see them constantly and inspire me when I get in a rut.

4 comments:

Artifax said...

Wonderful quotes! I especially like the first two.

susan said...

I love the Erma one - I hope I use all my talents too. Great quotes!

Anonymous said...

Great quotes, all of them. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great quotes...lots to take away!

thank you!