Thursday, August 21, 2008

#10 and "My Olympics"....


WHEW! # 10 cycle was HARSH! One of the side effects of the drug they give me is headaches...this time my head felt like it as going to split open! My platlets are a bit low ,and I read that ibprophen can lower them ,which is what I take for my headaches when they occur...Chad had to go out and get tylonol...not every effective in my case but I weathered through it for a day and a half! The beginning of this week was very emotional for me. It seems to occur on my first day of treatment...maybe cause the reality of it sinks in again and that I am fighting a disease. For me , I feel like I don't have cancer except when those treatment days come around. And then to top it off I only have 2 more cycles and the end is near for me. As light gets brighter at the end of the tunnel Im reminded that the Olympics correlate well with my journey. Especially those swim races...you know you gotta get to the end of the pool and flip back and head to the finish with all that you've got! Though I know the future holds a PET scan and another colonoscopy, I have to tell myself, worry about today,cause tomorrow will have enough worries of it's own. A "medal of life" is for more important than any Gold medal!

No comments: