Friday, January 22, 2010

Mountains and Valleys of Life AFTER Cancer


So the past week or so, it's been a little stressful, emotional, and one of giving praise and thanks to God! I've made it 2 years since my dx of colon cancer and along with it comes a paper trail of medical bills. Through this whole process we have been blessed beyond imagination, for that, I know God has my back . Not to get too detailed, a ramaining bill was needed to be paid off and not knowing where a chunk of money like that was going to come from I literally sat a prayed for help. That day I received in the mail information regarding my 401K/ mutual fund/ IRA( when I was working) It was basically sitting there...for me to use? it was a resource that I could use and well, I did! I only took out a small amount to pay off that bill. I felt relieved and could breathe easy.
So, today I had talked with my mom and found out that my Uncle Richard had a huge polyp removed from his colon and that it was colon cancer. That was heart-breaking to hear. I pray for a hopeful outcome. Cancer is not something we want to get. My mom is undergoing thyroid surgery on Wed. to remove a cancerous thyroid. So what do you tell your remaining family members who DON'T have cancer to do to be proactive? GET A COLONOSCOPY! GET A MAMMOGRAM! HAVE YOUR ANNUAL PAP! GET GENETIC TESTING( I myself am working on that one)! PLEASE!
Then,( today), I get a message from one of the bills I'm paying off and tell me to call their office. I think , great now what? I've been paying on my bill . Come to find out, my bill had been greatly reduced(and I didn't even realize or know it) and my balance is $15.oo !!!!! I was so overcome with joy and emotion I started crying( on the phone)! There is something about having a financial burdend lifted. I don't care what anybody says, I totally believe it was a "God thing"! I praise him for meeting my financial needs!
So, as you can see,for me, I've have a few "mountain and valley" days, but I know I can handle all things through Christ! So when you think you are in the valley(AND I HAVE BEEN DEEP IN THE VALLEY in the past) there is always a mountain to look forward to!

No comments: