Sunday, February 14, 2010

Colonoscopy #3


Well I had my yearly screening on Friday,Feb.12th. I always feel a bit nervous going into these things. I have those "what if's" lingering in the back of my head. Cancer is one of those crazy diseases with a mind of it's own. My colonoscopy results were clear and and the "connection site" (where my surgeon reattached my colon to my rectum) healed "beautifully". I didn't know a colon could be pretty? Anyway, On the drive home, we were listening to Christian music and we drove past Panara Bread and a flood of tears came down face. You see it's in that parking lot,2 years ago, where my husband and I sat sobbing, not knowing my outcome, fearing death and the worst. Recalling that memory and knowing where I am today gives me such hope and thanks for what God has done in my life. So now I look forward to my pet scan in March, which by the way is good ole' Colon Cancer Awareness Month! Go BLUE!

No comments: