Sunday, March 01, 2009

I'm a BELLA GIRL !


Oh! I'm so EXCITED! In this month's Bella Magazine, a free publication that is distributed throughout the Roanoke Valley,Southwest Virginia and beyond, I'm featured as one of the women in the community, which they call 'Bella Girl'. I had contacted them and showed interest in sharing my colon cancer story in the March issue because that is Colon Cancer awareness month. At the last minute they were able to squeeze me in as a Bella Girl and answered a couple of questions pertaining to my cancer journey. It's not a full page article(well kinda it's full page!), but I hope those who read it will understand that cancer does not discriminate. I know that all cancers are terrible, but I hope that I have brought awareness to the one cancer that deserves recognition, because it is the 2nd cancer killer in America, yet it's the one cancer that can be prevented through early screenings.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Way to go...that must feel awesome to in the Bella magazine...wish it could have been for another cause...but HEY its great you are standing up 2 cancer ... your right it doesnt discriminate... my hope and dreams is a cure is found soon so that the generation behind us does not have to deal with it!