Thursday, January 31, 2008

In My Shoes (or flip-flops)...

I was trying to find an image to tell you about my colonoscopy but I that might gross ya out! Well, at the beginning of this journey I had a tumor in my colon the size of my fist. As of this morning, it has shrunk down to 1/3 of that size. The Dr./Surgeons were quite pleased and impressed. I always seem to impress Dr.s with the size of my tumors ! (3 years ago I had a 7 lb, size of a cantalope fibroid tumor removed , uh yeah see what I mean.) Anyway, Small is very good, and is now at an operable size. I know I was and we were all praying for a miracle...It's all in God's timing. As my husband, consoled me after the procedure, he told me we are all miracles, and that it was a miracle that it did get that small, and a miracle that I have life and to keep fighting. I will meet with my surgeon on Valentines Day , to discuss surgery and a date. I feel that Peace coming over me again...knowing it's going to be okay. I read today in a book that my sister-in law- gave me in a care package back in Nov. called "Promises and Prayers for Friends "
about God's Timing, and how OUR timetable doesn't coincide with God's plan always. But God's timetable is always perfect.
A Prayer
Lord, my sense of timing is fallible and imperfect;
Yours is not. Let me trust in Your timetable for my life,
and give me the patience and the wisdom
to trust Your plans, not my own.
Amen.

No comments: