Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Charting my success...with stickers!


You know I'm gonna talk about it! (I think that's one reason why colon cancer is one of the leading cancers in America because we are embarrassed to talk about it . It deals with parts of the body we don't like to mention , unlike breast cancer where everyone is willing to talk about it) ...ANYWAY... Here we go, or should I say I DID GO # 2 !!! Before the weekend started I thought surely I would pass some gas like they said I would. I was still on liquids and started eating more regular food except raw veggies . I slept on the couch so I would have easy access to the bathroom. I guess during the night I felt like I had to go but it was Gas! such a relief it was. It's like I'm training my body and mind to help me know which is which, gas or #2? SO I felt like I needed to track my success..on a Chart! I know, I'm 33 not 3! who cares It's how I get through!:-) Though it's funny how proud you can become after using the "potty" and not knowing if your were capable or not. I feel God has blessed me a continuing recovery of my body. I know from talking to the surgeon that It can take several weeks to get that sensation back and maybe a few "Depends" days ahead........... boy will he be shocked!! I can say though, that my body is finding a "new normal" . Well enough about talking about my "BM"s and just know that Im doing well!

3 comments:

K. Karr said...

Okay, This post just makes me smile! Kendra you have the best attitude and thanks for the "vulnerability" you exhibit in your blog. Hey those are some big words. Can you tell that I have been in class @ Liberty U. all week. Just know I am proud of you and glad God is healing your body! Emily earned a Barney and Baby Bop for her chart success, I am requesting that you create a list of possible "wants" and I mean tangible gifts that your family and friends could get for you to help you celebrate!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you girlfriend!!! Love your sticker chart!! :-)

Kendra said...

My "success"chart wants:
DVD by Kris Carr: Crazy,sexy Cancer documentary: the pilot for this documentary is a must see: There is a part in it that hits me hard. She talking about her cancer and she 's with her mom and the look in her face is one I know all too well...uncertainity and fear. I knew EXACTLY how she felt at that moment...