Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RING it LOUD and PROUD!!!

Today I FINALLY got to ring the bell at the cancer center. YIPEE!!! It signifies you are done w/ treatment. The plaque w/ the bell on states: " To celebrate this day, As I go on my way, I ring this bell, For I am well, My treatment is done, And I can say I've won." - Given in Honor of our Mother and all other survivors.-

My mother came that day with SUNFLOWERS in hand and was quite a surprise! I love sunflowers! Im so happy it's over. I get my infused pump taken off tomorrow and I just may ring the bell again! I'll be back at the center for lab work to keep an eye on my blood counts,follow up W/ my surgeon, PET scan in Oct. and Dr. apt to review results. So Im a busy girl still. I hope to get back into the pool and start exercising(...baby steps though:-) And continue living a more healthy life and watch what I consume in my body, and praise God for each and every day I have on HIS Earth!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on the bell ringing! What a wonderful way to end your treatment!

Anonymous said...

Wooo hoooo!!! I am doing a happy dance for you Kendra!!! Yahoo!!

MNScrapbookmom said...

Sending you positive thoughts from Minnesota!!! Congrats... and peace to you. :) Happy Fall... ¥