Saturday, September 06, 2008

STAND UP 2 CANCER


Last night @ 8pm est. I watched Stand Up 2 Cancer . It was televised on 3 major networks, ABC,NBC,& CBS. The main point was to raise money for researchers and their collaboration in help finding a cure. I think if I was never diagnosed with cancer,I might not have sat infront of the TV last night.I never really thought about cancer before except when my cousin,Richard died of mesotheiloma(caused by asbestos)and when my aunt found out she had brest cancer. So last night was really emotional for me and Chad. I know how each and every survivor of cancer feels. I was really touch by a well known man, I guess who funds research trials, he donated 25 million dollars to Stand Up to Cancer. I was just blown away by that. And as they read stats,my mind wondered to 1 of 3 women will have cancer in their life.I thought to myself,I have 2 sisters and Im the one who got it...and then 1 in 2 men and then I looked at my boys and wondered, which one will get cancer,or will they dodge the cancer bullet. AS the program came to an end Chad and I just looked at each other and he said to me ," You're gonna make it Kendra" and he just held me and we both shed our tears of hope. I couldn't have picked a better person to marry ,to be there for me :for better or for worse and in sickness and in health...he's the best!
My hope is that reasearch for cancer will help future generations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Kendra! Only one more!! You're in the home stretch!!! Woo hoo!! I know you will make it girl!! And you sure got yourself a good guy. Having a supportive mate who will go through all the yuckiness of life with you, sure is a wonderful thing.