Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's Funny, but it's not...


(the fine print says: igotcancerinmybut.com) Okay! I just had to show you this bumpersticker! I know you're probably thinking, how can she joke about it...umm because I have cancer in that place we don't want to talk about...humm maybe that's why many Americans don't get screened young and old . As a 32 young woman I would have never thought I would have this disease. I'm young, don't smoke, drink, active, and for the most part thought I ate well and no family history of colorectal cancer. I'm that 10 % who are diagnosed at a yough age. Cancer can slap you across the head(in my case my butt LOL) It wakes you up, makes you aware of things that you weren't aware of before. So be aware, "go with your gut" if something isn't right with you or your body , go and get it done!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kendra,

This is Beth Ash...remember me?! I just wanted to tell you that we have been praying for you ever since we got your mom's letter at Christmas. It blew us away to hear ....but, we immediately felt very peaceful about it too. I am so proud of you and how you are approaching this fight! We are fighting with you in our prayers. We love you!
Beth