Thursday, April 03, 2008

Raining today and eyes full of tears


So, today here it is 40 degrees ,rainy, gloomy, and I'm emotional. I have these days occasionally,especially when it's raining and there's no sun in sight! I'm a member of the Colon Club Forum where we talk about stuff regarding colon cancer and EVERYTHING associated with it. I really have to stop reading some of the posts and stories because some are just depressing, scary and even horrific! What I've gone though seem like a cakewalk compared to what some of these people have gone through! But today after reading about radiation prior to an illeotomy and then getting it reversed and things that can go wrong because of the affects of radiation in the rectum....uuuggg...I just lost it after I got out the shower today. I'm just "tapped out" sometimes...tired of trying to be"so strong" , sometimes I just don't want to smile, tired of this all sometimes. I'm so thankful for a husband like Chad. It's usually when one of us is weak the other is there to be strong. He reminded me when you just can't handle it anymore and what you're going through is much greater than you can handle to just TRUST God to Carry you when just can't walk through it anymore... So true Chad,so true.
Over the months I've receive lots of mail and well wishes and it's always so nice to hear from ones you haven't heard from in awhile. Well, A few weeks ago, Chad's Uncle felt that God put it on his heart to be praying for me( the week I started chemo, and he didn't know that either) and Chad's mom relayed the message to Chad and me. It was nice to know that someone else out there was praying for me...
So, today I received in the mail a Card from his Uncle Bob! Not just coincidence in my book...God's perfect timing and I felt it was God reassuring me that He's here, holding me and giving me peace,and joy and renewed strength. Thank you God.:-)

1 comment:

K. Karr said...

I am sorry you are feeling sad.:-( Love u bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!