Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wearing Gloves inside???

Last time I received my chemo cycle I didn't feel the effects as much. Last time I drank some ice tea...had to ask for another tea WITHOUT ICE ! People say that if you drink very cold liquids, or ice cream it can feel like you are swallowing glass. To me it felt like that candy "pop rocks" in the back of my throat without the popping sound though. This morning I was packing lunches for the boys and grabbed an ice coolie pack...ouch! I felt it alright and dropped it! Your fingers and toes become sensitive to cold also! It felt like pins and needles and took a minute or two to go away! So then I open the Fridge to get out meat,lettuce and mustard...didn't learn from the first incident and felt it again but this time everything made it to the counter :-) So I took the advice of the nurses and hung a sign and gloves! This sensation usually goes away by the weekend, at least for me it does:-)
We'll see and I also felt nauseated yesterday when I got home and very tired! Keep praying that God continues to protect my body during my treatment and heal me correctly so when my illeo. reversal takes place it will be not so bad.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kendra, we just got back from vacation and I am catching up with everything. I am praying for you- I have no idea how but God does "pull us out" when we can't see the end. I know he will give you the strength to get through this. You are such a great example of trusting in God through all of this and overcoming it with such faith. People that you don't even know see your example...And I believe God will work in others because of it. We love you and miss you!!! heather