Wednesday, February 18, 2009

34

I decided to blog my birthday on my cancer page because this day is starting to mean a lot more to me now. So I've lived another year! When you've gone through something like cancer, each year you live past it, you become more thankful. I seem to be thinking, okay,I passed my colonoscopy, so now I gotta "pass" my PET scan next, "pass" my blood tests, watch for any typical symptoms that would be questionable and live on through the next 6 months. I'm planning on getting my port taken out soon. I think it's time to let go(my port to me like a security blanket is to a child..."the just in case" mentality), and trust God(again) the plans he has for me. So as the "Smoke clears"(as you can see in the picture) I'm ready to exhale(cause I've been holding my breath for a while lol)and live life fully. YEAH Happy Birthday to ME!!!

(cough,cough!! I'm surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off! that's not good!)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love it!! I was just talking about how getting older is such a blessing now. I will turn 30 in August, and I couldn't be happier!! That is farther I am away from my dignosis, and the better my chances are of making it!! I love giving my friends who are freaking out a reality check!!
Check out my blog at www.jennyjauch.blogspot.com