Thursday, February 26, 2009

My LAST port flush...


We'll today I got my port flushed for the very last time! 14 days till I get my port taken OUT! I did it, I made the appt with my surgeon. It's not a big deal taking it out as it is putting it in! No worries of my lung collapsing! Yes really! it can happen! I hope It doesn't hurt like it did putting it in! I was "sedated",yeah right, I remember the whole thing! I remember it HURTING! Not something I want to relive!
I put a poster up in the Cancer Center today announcing "DRESS IN BLUE DAY" for March 6TH! So I hope you can find something blue in your closet that day. Wear it for me please! tell them it's wear blue day,(or tell them it's coming up) and mention my story. Make them aware of colon cancer and that anyone can be affected by this disease,and how it can be prevented by getting a colonoscopy.
There is a lot of exciting stuff going on in March! watch for posts!

No comments: