Saturday, February 14, 2009

Colonoscopy:"Clean as a Whistle"

FRIDAY THE 13th:I have wonderful news to report! My colon is in the clear! No evidence of any polyps or recurrent tumor. I do have a bit of inflammation at the anastomsis(where some titanium staples are still present). So I add another band to my collection in my journey. I will spare you all and I will NOT be posting pictures of my lovely colon. I do have pictures of it though, quite interesting I would say. So now, I can check off colonoscopy on my "cancer-free to do list". What's left? A port removal, another PET scan in April, Relay for Life, share my journey with others, volunteer @ Cancer center and I'm sure I'll be adding to the list. So I guess "Friday the 13th" wasn't bad after all. When I rescheduled, it was the only date available. I told the nurse I wasn't superstitious. I even picked locker#13 to store my clothes during my "scope". And did you know, I found out Nov. 13th(2007) that I had cancer. That may have been unlucky at the time but I see it as lucky...cause it saved my life!

No comments: