Monday, February 09, 2009

SELF PORTRAIT



I also have this posted on my studiok section on my blog. I've never really done a self portrait. So when I went to enter a collaborative project by regional artist there was a project for self portraits.I took this myself with my remote trigger for my camera. This is me in a with my bands. The bands represent my journey through colorectal cancer. They are my hospital bands,blood bands and surgery bands. I decided on this praying position because I spent many days and nights praying. Praying for a miracle, strength, hope, healing, extended life, and just to get through it. I don't know why I have my face hidden. As I sit and think about it, maybe it tells not to hide your cancer, or be afraid of it, and use your cancer/journey to help others who are going through the same.

1 comment:

K. Karr said...

First I noticed the bands ( which I think represents your unique journey)...then the praying position.(Which was crucial to your survival) As for the face not showing, I like that because i think that it represents that while you had a very personal journey it is a journey that so many others also face.And no matter who is on the crazy cancer journey it is important to seek the Father. I think this is a wonderful depiction of your crazy cancer journey, your spiritual journey, and an image that send hope to others.
Love ya sister!
kk