Saturday, February 28, 2009

A COLONOSCOPY SWEEPSTAKES ?!

I have always looked forward to the month of February, with Groundhog's Day, Valentine's Day, MY BIRTHDAY, and much more. But as a colorectal cancer patient/survivor I began to notice more what month was devoted to my disease.So as February ends, I really look forward to March:
MARCH IS COLORECTAL CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!!!
So today,I was sitting here watching The Morning Show on CBS and a colonoscopy commercial came on. So of course my ears perked up! It was a Colonoscopy Sweepstakes! You enter to win a FREE colonoscopy in New York! You also get to stay in a "fancy" hotel for the night before while you prep! So the only part of the room you'll get to see is the bathroom, cause you'll be in there for quite a while!LOL Oh and forget the room service...cant eat anything before or during the prep. I think they should give you a complimentary lunch somewhere nice in the city because I know I was HUNGRY afterwards! Anyway, I thought it was an awesome idea to promote colonoscopies and Colorectal Cancer month!
BUT, while looking at the "rules", there was AGE BRACKET! for 40-87 yrs old!!! YOu can probably tell how I feel about that one! GIVE ME A BREAK!, hello!,34 yrs old here, and no family history of colon cancer, wake up people! I know that there is a small percentage of people,(that's me) that get colon cancer, but why put an age on it, I certainly did not ask to get this disease!(okay, stepping off the soapbox for now) (The PSA below is not the commercial but can help led to the other one I was talking about)

Watch CBS Videos Online

No comments: