Monday, August 07, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday: Black and White:" Black Beauty"


This is my 1st entry for Inspire Me Thursday! I saw the challenge and got so excited!I LOVE the contrast of black and white photography. I find myself always thinking before hand of what I'm photographing how it would look in black and white. Driving home from work I passed this old Buick Special in a Kroger parking lot! I had to get shots of this ! I'm attracted to the old/vintage cars and have great potential for great photography! Taking what might not be so "pretty" and getting close in, changing the angles and cropping the subject to find and bring out the beautiful details is what I love!! I manipulated this photograph in Photoshop to get the contrasting b/w effect. I had fun with the whole process, taking something from the past, which is still used in the present, and making it into a future piece of artwork for my wall.

5 comments:

Julia said...

I like this one !!! Its STRONG :)

Gina Cuff said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!:)

mbc said...

Your entry just "popped"! I love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Kendra, this rocks!!!!! Great shot! You are so talented!

Cindy Tobey said...

Hi Kendra! I'm Cindy. I saw the link to your blog on Amy's blog...I have to say this photo is AMAZING!!! I LOVE it!!! Great job.