Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Starting Something New


Well since Ive started blogging I have a found an old love. I don't think I ever lost it but sometimes it feels new to me. Photography people! I believe I got the "photography bug" from my mother. She may beg to differ. But seriously, I remember her having a camera almost all the time and taking lots of pictures. They say you learn a lot from your parents! I can remember in 5th grade taking an "enrichment program" and having to make a pinhole camera out of a Quaker Oats cylinder. It is so vivid in my mind... the whole class in the gym parkinglot ...aiming our pinhole cameras... ready to lift the "shutter" to capture... and the best part...a trip to the janitor's closet! What?! It was the makeshift darkroom of course! I will never ever forget seeing our images appear in the liquid-filled tray swooshing back and forth. I did not experience this again until my college photography class. I truely love the traditional way of developing black and white photography in a darkroom. But ya just gotta love digital and the instant gratification of seeing the pic on your LCD and seeing the potential it has for an awesome print! Well, as you can see, I have added some scrolling pictures to my blog. I will try to update when I can. Some may be of the kids or I may just go creative on ya, I like to keep themes in mind. But these are just starters to see how this slide thing looks:-) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cindy Tobey said...

I hear ya with the traditional photography. My first Creative photography class was a summer thing at a college after 10th grade. I loved developing the film and printing the photos myself...so VERY gratifying...and just COOL! I haven't been in a darkroom though since my job in college as a photographers assistant...kind of miss it. But, alas, digital has taken over and it too is cool. Love the slide show by the way! Have a great day!