Friday, January 19, 2007

Studio Friday: Inspiring DREAM Studio...

This week's topic for Friday January 19th suggested by mereteveian: INSPIRING DREAM STUDIO!
""We get to see these wonderful studios, - how about not showing our own, but choose among the great studios we know about now? Tell us a little about why you like this studio, what you would like to do if you could work there for a day as it was your own, and, - if it is so, - you have learned from this studio/ artist?"~ mereteveian

To be truely honest this is my Darkroom dream studio! I know we are in the digital age but I really love the process of traditional photography! Knowing that YOU made a piece of work from start to finish!
I would(and could) spend countless hours in this studio creating traditional silver gelatin black and white prints! I learned all the traditional techniques in college and had the time of my life! I would also love to work with Polaroid transfers and Emulsion transfer art. That is where I would take to my PotteryBarn style "dry" studio. So much more organized that what I have. And I would love to have an area for my "digital" photography . Lots of counter space! Storage and well a picture can speak for itself!

6 comments:

isay said...

you've got a beautiful, cool and neat studio! i like the white paint on your chair and drawers and the red paint on the wall.
i have enjoyed visiting your site and will come back soon....

Anonymous said...

I love the calendar on that bottom photo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chad, get started on the dark room and Office. It is winter you have more time not cutting the grass.


Mom

Kendra said...

I hope I didn't lead anybody to think I have this Potterybarn studio...IT's my DREAM!

Anonymous said...

Oh My gosh! I would die for that PB studio! Love the red!

Anonymous said...

I like dark room work too, I did it in school a couple of years ago.