Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Studio Friday: Travels...

This week's topic for Friday January 12th suggested by Hanne: TRAVELS!
"Travelling is a wonderful possibility to open for new inspiration and ideas. I´ll say it´s actually one of the greatest advantages to travelling!A lot of new impressions and probably also new materials to bring home for future artwork. Maybe new friends - who knows? Anyway, I thought it could be very interesting to know where other bloggers travel. And if you don´t travel right now because of limited econonomy or other restrictions - I think we always travell in our mind: dreaming of somewhere in the countryside - or maybe a big city loaded with museums, galleries and flea markets for new "input" for our studios and art."


As for me travelling, I travel on holidays, birthdays and vacations in the summertime. Though I find inspiration on these types of trips , I can find it as soon as I walk out my door! I love to photograph the things that people see everyday.These are some of the favorites from my recent travels. In Oct. My husband and I went to the OuterBank,N.C. for our anniversary...it was vey warm! In Dec. our family went to the N.C. Zoo for my husband's birthday( but for the kids mostly) . As you can see, not a picture of the animals but the bamboo that was EVERYWHERE!
And lastly, our trip to Michigan for Christmas. I saw this barn one day and not paying attention to what road it was on, I had to ask my mother-in-law if she knew where the blue barn was and we eventually found it! I just love the colors! The mailbox was something my boys and I discovered on a COLD, BRISK, morning walk down the dirt road in Michigan.
Im always looking out the window to find my inspiration and even in my mind I see where I want to go eventually. I see Venice,Italy. MY dream of alleyways, bridges, waterways filled with gondolas ...Ahhh a photgraphers paradise...maybe my 10 year anniversary(next year) ! I could have posted more pictures but I narrowed it down to my favs.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thos photos ROCK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo's! I love the outter banks!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

love those photos, makes me feel that its somewhere I would like to be.