Monday, March 24, 2008

Chemotherapy: Round Two :Day One

10:30 AM-3:30 pm ...What a day! My first day of treatment of this cycle. I got my nausea meds, then my "liquid gold" ,received my push of 5-FU and got some "to go " in a take home pump. Not so bad today, but I can feel the tiredness coming on . So I'm still going to continue my "green machine" (chlorelle/spirlina drink) which can help with anemia ( I'm not anemic and don't want to) also can help with side effects of chemo. Remember my Rebounder post a while back...going to try to start that too. This can build you while blood cells and that's mega important during this time when these cell counts drop. I serve a God who doesn't hold onto statistics...I pray that I beat theses side effect stats and that all goes well and leave the Dr's picking their jaws off the floor:-) Today I had a nurse who was training along a head nurse today. She was talking to me and said, I just can't believe you are going through chemo, you could be my daughter, I'm old enough to be your mother...and your are attitude is so positive. I told her you have to just stay positive to get through it, if you don't it brings you down and your hope tends to fade. Again I was the youngest chemo patient in the room today. An elder man sat near us today and while I was in the bathroom asked chad "does she have cancer" (umm I would be sittin the chair if I didn't:-) anyway he told him that I had colon cancer. " shes too young to have cancer" the man said. Chad said yeah more and more young people are getting cancer these days it seems.

Me watching a movie .Chad doing his work and keeping me company...Love this guy!



Chemo " to go" pump.
















1 comment:

K. Karr said...

Missed seeing you on Sunday! Wasn't service great! Dale was fabulous on his song! It seems like more and people are noticing you and your story. What a great opportunity for you to show how God works in our lives! Love you, Sis! I know that you "so" glad to have you long lost "to go" pack hanging around again! That's okay...it won't be forever...and it's the last time you will have to do it!