Sunday, March 23, 2008

LIVESTRONG...as a Christian.

The Easter message today at our church was quite powerful. It also hit close to home. It was titled Tragedy to Triumph. The main character in the presentation was diagnosed with cancer and only had 3-4 months to live. But came to grips with it and knew he rather die being a christian then one hating , and being mad at God for allowing the cancer . Hmmm Im human and I admit having feelings of "not fair", "why me", and "what did I not do for you Lord, that this had to happen to me" I serve an amazing God who forgave me when I ask him to for all that I was feeling when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I'm choosing now to live strong. LIVESTRONG takes on a whole new meaning when your faced with cancer and battling it to stay away. Living strong as a christian through the toughest thing you had to go through in your life means letting go and letting Christ shine through you, praising God for the good and bad, using the circumstance to show how Christ is your shelter, your rock and strength. This week I will indeed call on my God to get me through my 1st chemo treatment after my surgery. Trusting God that he'll " never let go". Which by the way is an awesome song by David Crowder Band on the album Remedy (#5) God is awesome! My Lord has risen today! Happy Easter!

No comments: