Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rollie-Pollie

I know, you're thinkin',"rollie-pollie"...she comes up with some weird titles...
Well, I have felt like a rollie-pollie for the past 26 days! Sleeping at night is challenging in way...it's either lay on your back or lay on your back! UMMM I'm a tummy sleeper!!! So just recently I've been able to lay on my left side!!! Progress for someone who just had abdominal surgery. With the help of my body pillow it's comfortable. My right side is not so much. that's the side where my ileostomy is. This is where I feel like a rollie-pollie, side to back to side again... Well this early this morning I tried it...I slept on my TUMMY! AHHH...SO NICE... for awhile that is. So a small victory in my life and I'm praying for more to come and praising God for the good and bad. I start my chemo on Mon. march,24 @ 10:30 am. Let's hope it goes well...it may be a good thing that I have my ileostomy...one of the side effects of FOLFOX is diarrhea...I guess I'll be emptying my bag often if that the case(sorry if that's too much information but that's my reality)I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: