Monday, March 10, 2008

My very own "Colondar"...

Here in Virginia we have a monthly magazine that goes out to southwest/central Virginia. It's a free magazine for women and usually found around town in places like the mall, food places, and Dr's offices. My younger sister told me to find one because they had an article on Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. Each month the magazine has prizes you can email for to see if they pick you. One of the prizes was a 2008 Colondar. It's a calender of men and women living with colorectal cancer and they tell their stories.


So I entered and told them about me and that I just had surgery and will undergo chemotherapy at the end of the month. Also that I had applied for the Colondar but already had 2009 models. But I'm on the "list" for applicants for the 2010 Colondar. We'll see what happens, first things first.

So today I get an Email from BELLA magazine informing that I had won the prize, the 2008 Colondar! I never win anything ! Seeing their scars is pretty powerful I think... to me a scar usually means you've been through something tough and a story to go along with it.

Read about them a www.colonclub.com ...amazing stories indeed!

2 comments:

K. Karr said...

Oh! that is so exciting that you won a colondar!!!!!! I will be waiting to hear the next bit of good news...you modeling for the 2010 colondar...wouldn't that be a hoot!

stephdateacher said...

Kendra,

I just found out about your battle with colon cancer from Karla. Your blog is amazing! You and other women like you astound me with your strength. Way to go on winning the Colondar. I have one from last year since I suffer from Chron's disease. You, my friend, will do more than just win a colondar...you will win over this disease!

Love,
Stephanie